Thursday 22 October 2015

REVIEW : Barry M Showgirl Extra Volumising Mascara

Hi everyone,

Today I have a review of a Barry M mascara that I've recently noticed was on offer in boots in the UK (I'm not being paid by Barry M, I promise, although I sort of wish I was) 


 

It is the Barry M Showgirl Extra Volumising Mascara, which Barry M say gives you big, real impact lashes. With a spiral wand, the mascara is designed to magnify and enhance the shape and dimension of your lashes for a look that's larger than life.

 
I quite often spend (read: waste) my money on a lot of mascaras that make huge promises, but often fail to deliver. I love big, volumous lashes (read: clumpy) on days when I really don't feel like doing much, or don't have time to do my makeup, but still want to feel like I've made a bit of an effort on my face.
 
so, does this mascara really work?
 
Here are my lashes pre-mascara...
 



So as you can see, standard, boring lashes.

Here are my lashes with one coat of the Barry M Showgirl mascara...



 
And finally, my lashes with two coats of mascara...
 




So, what would I say about this mascara?

Well, I'm glad that I didn't actually purchase this mascara, and got is free on an offer in superdrug when I purchased 2 nail polishes. I will continue to use this product as what I call, a "base mascara", but I would never use just this mascara on it's own. I love to use a couple of different mascaras over each other, typically one for length and then one for volume. Unfortunately, although this mascara is marketed as a volumising mascara, I wouldn't say that it really built any volume for me.
Would I repurchase this mascara? No, I wouldn't. If, however, you prefer a more natural lash look, this may be a perfect product for you, but to me the word "showgirl" suggests large, over the top, glamourous lashes, and this just wasn't the case.

If you would like to try this mascara out for yourself, you can purchase it here for £4.99, or in most UK boots and superdrug stores (usually on offer!)

And to finish up with a quick mum can't bothered face of the day...

 
Have you tried this mascara? Do you agree with me? Or was I just expecting too much?
 
Until next time,
 
Bx


No comments:

Post a Comment