Monday 19 October 2015

REVIEW: Barry M Sunset Daylight Curing Nail Paint

Hi everyone,

How is it Monday again already? We've been in our new house for 2 weeks today, and it feels like all I've done is sit here eating toast. Oh dear.

Today i'll be talking about the Barry M Sunset Daylight Curing Nail Paint, which Barry M say "delivers the look and resilience of pro salon gel nails without a UV lamp or the expense". The special formulation bonds to the nail like a gel in daylight, but can be removed using your regular nail polish remover.

So, professional gel style nails, which are quick and easy to apply, for a fraction of the cost? For a mummy like me, who currently looks after a 12 week old baby 24/7 until i'm back to work, this sounds perfect.

I have colours: Out of my red (Vibrant, classic red), Peach for the stars (Fun, peachy pink) and Dark side of the 'shroom (muted violet). I also have the Sunset topcoat, as the nail paints will not work without the use of this.


Colours L-R: Sunset Topcoat, Darkside of the 'shroom, Peach for the stars, Out of my red
 
 
So, you apply 2 coats of your desired nail paint, wait for each coat to dry and top with the topcoat. Then, just wait in the sun (optional in the UK currently) for them to dry. What could be easier!
 
Here are some swatches of each colour, please excuse my nails. I am now a qualified cot builder!
 
Without Flash
 
With Flash
 


My opinion? I love this nail polish. Each coat dries relatively quickly (helpful with a crying baby) and the top coat feels shiny and hard wearing. On me, I can usually get away with around 5-6 days wear without chipping, which for me is excellent! I quite often use the red on my toes, which lasts for at least 2 weeks without chipping. The only problem I have had with wear is occasional peeling of the polish if I haven't waited quite long enough for it to dry before doing the washing up (with my hands, obviously)!

I would like to try some of the other colours, as I purchased Dark side of the 'shroom believing it was a mushroom-y nude, however when I applied the colour, it dried as a muted, pastel purple. I personally love the colour, it just wasn't what I expected!

Barry M Sunset nail paints retail for £4.99 and can be purchased here, or are available in most UK Boots and Superdrug, usually on 3 for 2 or buy one get one half price.

Bx

No comments:

Post a Comment